Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Monkey has Escaped!

So I knew the time was coming. I knew because over the Christmas holiday Jonah climbed out of the pack & play at Grandma Sally's and ran down stairs like he was hot stuff. I prayed that it'd be a whole lot longer before he figured out how to climb out of his crib, but today was the day. I carried him upstairs after lunch and did his normal nap time routine. He laid down and snuggled up to his trusty dinosaur and acted like he was going to sleep. Nighty night! About 5 minutes later I heard him hollering but figured I could wait to check him until I finished my lunch. I ate and he quieted down so I figured he'd decided to go to sleep. Nope, I head a "MA!" and there he was on the stairs. Guess he's moving to a toddler bed with a gate at the door now!




Made me think of how kids are so different from each other. Leah was a busy toddler like JOnah is but was never much of a climber. She was in her crib until she was two and never climbed out. I only moved her to a toddler bed because she loved her friends little beds so much and figured she'd have to move soon anyway since Jonah was on the way. Back then I had chairs in normal places too. Now chairs only make it to the table or the counter when it is time to sit on them. If we forget it's only moments before Jonah is standing on the counter!
I'm sure our monkey will be in trouble again. Stay tuned!

No comments: