Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jingle Bells

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is Christmas carols. I like that they are the songs you "put away" all year and haul out right after Thanksgiving just like the tree and decorations. Leah is thrilled that I all of a sudden have a new repertoire at bedtime. Her favorites are Jingle Bells and Away in Manger. She is now even identifying Jingle Bells in the background of commercials on TV!

The other thing I have noted about Christmas songs is how tough the words are for small children. Really does my two year old know what "yonder" means or "noel" or "deck the halls with boughs of holly?" Oh well, they are still fun.

This morning Leah serenaded us with her rendition of Jingle Bells. It went something like this.

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, one horse open sleigh, HEY!" (arms raised in glee at this part) "Jingle Bells Jingle Bells,one horse open sleigh, Old MacDonald had a farm with a cow EEI EEI OOO." It was great!

No comments: