Sunday, February 8, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite

"Let's go fly a kite Up to the highest height! Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring Up through the atmosphere Up where the air is clear Oh, let's go fly a kite!"
From Mary Poppins






Yup, perfect day for flying the kite yesterday. Doing it our own backyard probably isn't the smartest thing in the world but it sure it fun. Leah is awesome at running across the yard while I throw the kite up in the air! She is usually great at holding the string and running a bit to keep the kite up in the air too. Yesterday was a bit different though and I ended up fishing the kite out of the neighbor's tree. Of course, I thought I could do better than my two year old and let the kite fly super high. It then lost air and landed on our roof. Oops. I managed to get it off with out having to get out the ladder. All in all it was fun. Such simple pleasure on warm day in February!

No comments: